KABUL: The 80th weekly meeting of the National Procurement Commission (NPC) was held at the presidential palace on Saturday evening, dated 31/12/2016, presided by His Excellency Mohammad Ashraf Ghani, the President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
In this weekly meeting NPC approved 20 contracts with the total value of approximately 12.5 billion Afs. The following projects were among the main projects approved in the meeting:
• The Project of Design, Transmission, Installation and Commissioning of a 20-kV/110 Power Sub-station in Sorobi District;
• The Project of 500-kW Power Transmission from Aaqina to Andkhoy and Sheberghan, as well as the Commissioning of Power Distribution Network in Logar and Gardez provinces;
• The Construction of the 3rd Phase of Kamal Khan Dam, conditional to be reviewed by the Ministry of Economy and the Senior Advisor of the President in Infrastructure affairs;
• The Construction of the 3rd Phase of the 1st lot of the Road from Bangi to Ishkamish of Takhar Province;
• The Construction of the 1st lot of the Road from Mehtarlaam Baba to BaadPakh District of Laghman Province;
• The Asphalting of 14 Kilometer Road in Kandowa Village, Khoshi District of Logar Province;
• The Rehabilitation of 9 kilometer Roads of Zaranj City in Nimroz Province;
• The Amendment of the Contract of the Consulting Company for the Trans-Hindukosh road project;
• The Project to Establish an Information Center at Shaheed Burhanuddin Rabbani University;
• Providing 36 Items of Information Technology Equipment for the Administrative Office of the President, and
• Five other contracts for the procurement of printing devices, kitchen dishware, carpets and food stuff for MoD.
On the other hand, NPC returned the Project of the Technical Studies of the Reservoir Dams of Panjshir, Chaal of Takhar and Aabshora of Badghis Provinces for further review.
Similarly, NPC discussed on Ministry of Public Health’s some projects, such as; hospitals and blood banks with unsettled technical, budgetary and social problems from the past, and assigned the Ministry of Finance to discuss the projects facing financial problems with their related donors and resolve the problems. The projects facing social problems should be addressed in consultation with the governors of the concerning provinces.
On approving the contracts of De Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) and those of the Ministry of Public Works (MoPW), NPC assigned both of the entities to verify the accuracy of the contracts supporting documents, assess and make sure about the capacities of key staff of the winning companies of the contracts approved.
In addition to NPC members, His Excellency, Dr. Abdullah Abdullah; Chief Executive of the National Unity Government, His Excellency Sarwar Danish; 2nd Voice President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Ministers of Finance, Economy and Justice, the officials of the National Procurement Authority (NPA), the Transparency Oversights of SIGAR, the members of the Communication and Transportation Commissions of the Upper House (Meshrano-Jirgha), the Parliamentary Anti-Corruption Caucus (PACC) and the oversight members of CSTC-A of the Resolute Support had also participated in the meeting.