KABUL: The 93rd weekly meeting of the National Procurement Commission (NPC) was held at the presidential palace on Sunday evening, April 16, 2017, presided by His Excellency Mohammad Ashraf Ghani, the President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. In this meeting 16 contracts with the total value of more than 11.2 billion Afs were approved, which included the following:
• Consulting services project of establishing the institute of the National Procurement Authority;
• The project of connecting 16 governmental universities through internet services;
• The health system empowerment project for establishing 15 mobile health teams for nomads (Kuchis) in 12 provinces;
• Procuring 25 vehicles to transport university students;
• Procuring 26 items of foodstuff for the MoI;
• Contract amendment of constructing the water supply network project from Chahar Burjak District to Zaranj city in Nimrooz Contract amendment with cost extension for constructing the 4th phase of the Silo road in Kabul;
• Contract amendment (No. 1) for deploying the (UNFAO) to provide consulting services for managing the Irrigation Rehabilitation & Development Program (IRDP), and the awarding contract of supply and installation of bank operated cableways at 30 gauging stations by the Ministry of Energy & Water (MoEW);
• Procurement and supply contract of 493 medicine items, 28 foodstuff items and 273 construction items for the Directorate of President Protection Services (PPS);
• Procuring contract of 13 armored vehicles through restricted method;
• Consulting and maintenance services for 41 to 178 km in Dara e Suf;
• Correcting the type of foodstuff procuring contract required by the higher educational entities and cadre hospitals in Kabul;
• Temporary amendment of the fresh fruit and foodstuff procuring contract’s provisions needed by the national army units.
The NPC however, returned the 1st phase of Mehtarlaam Baba to Baad Pakh district road construction project; to resolve the technical deficiencies. Additionally, the NCP cancelled the 1st phase of Doshi to Bamyan road construction project lengths 23.7 km and decided that the mentioned project’s procurement process shall be restarted, and the MoPW should contract with the proposed company through the restricted contracting method. NPC further instructed that negotiations shall be made with the contracting firm to decrease the contract value, and in the new process severe monitoring should be imposed and considered regarding the financial capability of the mentioned company.
From the other hand, on the foodstuff procuring contract of MoI; NPC instructed that strict monitoring shall be considered on the quality of these foodstuff materials. At this meeting, NPC also directed the MoI to submit monthly progress report to National Procurement Authority (NPA) regarding this project.
In this meeting, His Excellency Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, Chief Executive of the National Unity Government, His Excellency, Mohammad Sarwar Danish; the Second Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Ministers of Finance, Economy and Justice, the officials of the National Procurement Authority (NPA), the Transparency Observers from SIGAR, the members of the Financial and Budgetary Commissions of the Upper & Lower Houses of the Parliament, the Parliamentary Anti-Corruption Caucus (PACC) and the Combined Security Transition Command for Afghanistan (CSTC-A) of the Resolute Support had also participated.